Thursday, January 6, 2011

Guam Update January 2011

Just a quick update for early January!

I started my job as an English teacher at Guam Nihonjin Gakku (Japanese School). I am blown away by how much I loved it. Who'd have thought I'd be a teacher? I hated school, and here I am loving it! All of my students were amazing. Even the tough times were amazing. There is one little girl who needs a little extra help, and I found myself loving her and reaching out to help her; it just amazes me what God's done in my life. I would have never thought this would happen; not only having the job, but discovering all these surprise character traits that go along with being a teacher, that the Spirit has grown in me, that I've been choking for so long. This is the first job that I have truly loved doing and feel like I am making a difference by doing.

School (PIU) is just a week and a half away. Thanks everyone for supporting me with prayer and everything! I miss you all and hope to hear from you. Thank you for being patient; God is working for sure!

No comments: